This week’s Weekly Geeks assignment is one I remember reading about on Dewey’s blog, but it was before I’d joined in the fun. I have started doing it, at least mentally, sometime in the interim, though. The assignment?
- Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I’ve written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.
- Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.
- Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.
- Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.
- Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!
OK, so. What are you waiting for? Have a look through my past reviews (I did recently create a page with all of them on it), and when you find books you’ve reviewed also, leave me a link — on my review of that book — and I’ll add your review to the post itself.
And now I’ll quote Nymeth:
- And I suppose that now is a good time to bring this up: please please please don’t be shy about leaving links. The reason why I’m saying this is because I can feel reluctant about it myself. I worry that I’ll look like a spammer, even though rationally I know there is no reason to…. In any case, your links will always be welcomed.