I’m late to the Booking Through Thursday fun this week — that’s what moving and having no internet will do to you! — but the questions, begging quick answers, are something I’ve wanted to say here recently anyway, so here goes:
• Reading something frivolous? Or something serious?
Some of both, please!
• Paperbacks? Or hardcovers?
I waffle on this one. Hardcovers, I think.
• Fiction? Or Nonfiction?
• Poetry? Or Prose?
• Biographies? Or Autobiographies?
• History? Or Historical fiction?
• Series? Or Standalones?
• Classics? Or bestsellers?
• Lurid, fruity prose? Or straightforward, basic prose?
This question is biased. Lurid has definite negative connotations.
• Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness?
Plots are good.
• Long books? Or Short?
• Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated?
I haven’t read many illustrated books in years and years.
• Borrowed? Or Owned?
• New? Or Used?
Yes, but new is good.