I’ve distracted and rather more absent than usual from this space for the last few weeks. Here’s what I’ve been up to instead:
• Grandma was taken to the hospital, which transferred her to a bigger hospital. She’s since been discharged from the hospital to skilled care, this time in the town I live in (no other relatives of hers live here). The move is temporary, though; she’s tentatively scheduled for heart surgery next week.
• While she was hospitalized (at the bigger place), Grandpa was admitted to the (smaller, initial) hospital. He’s since been transferred to skilled care for physical/occupational therapy, but not at the same place (or same town) Grandma is.
• Mom was up staying with Grandma while she was at the city hospital, and she oversaw her transition to St. Francis here. She stayed with us (in our unsettled, only partially moved-into house) once she got Grandma settled at St. Francis.
• I drove over with her to visit Grandpa on the day they moved him to skilled care. It was only about 100 miles one way, but it seemed to take basically all day.
• I’ve been planning what I’ll spin for Tour de Fleece (ravelry link). If you’re not familiar, Tour de Fleece is a spin-along concurrent to the Tour de France. They ride bikes, we make yarn. I’m inordinately happy with my new (Thank you!) avatar (on Ravelry only) — the monkey is because of the wild card team I’m part of.
• I’m hoping and planning to attend Iowa Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend, June 12-13, with my mom. I’ve never yet been to a full-blown fiber festival, and this one’s the closest to me that I’m aware of. I’m very excited to experience it with my mom, too. 😀
• I’ve been sick this week, to the point that I couldn’t knit (certainly not spin!), and even reading has been questionable. I’m on the mend, though, thankfully.
I’ve got tons of reviews to write and post, and so much else I could write about. But I can’t seem to concentrate long enough to get much of anything accomplished. Even with this, I’ve been interrupted, lost my train of thought, and likely omitted several things I meant to say. But there you have it.