We’ve nearly reached the end of Book Blogger Appreciation Week 2010! Today’s prompt asks: “share what you enjoyed about BBAW and also what your blogging goals are for the next year!”
Although I’ve been more than a little overwhelmed at a number of points this week (This thing is huge, y’all!), I’ve enjoyed BBAW immensely.
But first, I wanted to answer yesterday’s prompt, since I didn’t yesterday. A book that I love, that I feel deserves more attention: Lying Awake by Mark Salzman [my review]. While I haven’t been nearly as impressed with the other Salzman books I’ve read, this one was fantastic. But OK, enough of that. Back to today’s topic.
In particular, I’ve enjoyed:
- Seeing the immensity of the book-blogosphere anew.
- Finding more than a few fabulous new-to-me blogs to add to my Google Reader. (Not too many, Honey, I promise!)
- Getting to know a few bloggers a bit better, by reading their interviews, for example.
- My husband getting in on the action by designing a fun BBAW mascot.
- Knowing I’m not alone in feeling overwhelmed by this thing.
And now for the other half of that prompt.
- In October:
• New theme (I’ve got it all picked out, I just need to take the time and implement it.)
• New buttons, etc., to go along with it.
• New medallion, and a post explaining it.
• Reading Manifesto (finish, polish, publish)
- Ongoing (but I haven’t told you about it yet, and still relatively new):
• Be more open, vulnerable, real.
I realize some of this may be cryptic, and I promise that isn’t my intention. I want to write posts as I roll out these new things, and if I explained it all here, this post would be entirely too long to read (or write!) at the end of a very long week. So, I guess if it’s cryptic, that’s the way it’ll have to be. For now.
I am an Amazon Associate and receive a small commission on sales through my affiliate links.