I experienced quite a few fiber arts firsts in the last year. I intentionally stretched myself. Although I didn’t quite accomplish every single goal, I’m happy with the progress I made.
- In 2010 I:
- Began designing
- released Hedgerows as a free pattern
- and have several other patterns in various stages of completion.
- Knit with my own handspun yarn for the first time (and several subsequent times).
- Did some intensive spinning, including spinning every day of the Tour de Fleece.
- Attended Yarn School and my first fiber festival.
- Took my first forays into dyeing and fiber prep.
- I fell in love with drum carding, spinning from batts, and dyeing fiber.
I plan to continue branching out in these directions — I was surprised with a drum carder for Christmas!