• Reading stats: I read 96 books in 2010, which is my highest recorded (for the few years I’ve been keeping track), up from 89 in 2009. The number really doesn’t matter to me, though.
• The INSPYs were a huge part of what kept me busy in 2010.
• How’d I do? My plan for 2010 was certainly an improvement. Although I didn’t stick to it 100 percent of the time, I plan to keep the big parts of this in effect for 2011.
• Reading plan / goals: In addition to sticking to my (above mentioned) limits on books with firm dates (that’s what of last year’s I’m planning to keep in place), I’m also excited about the reading list created from my swap with My Friend Amy.
° I joined the Mad for Maisie read-along and
° am looking forward to the six Faith ‘n’ Fiction Round Table reads.
° I’m also planning a theme week here on the blog (I’ll tell you about it soon, I promise!), and hopefully I’ll set aside a month to focus on mysteries and thrillers. I’ve really missed reading these in the past year, and the shelf is starting to get heavy.
° And, of course, I’m (hopefully) leaving enough space in my reading year for the INSPYs.
• On the book blogging front, I said I’d start adding ratings to reviews in 2011, and I’m sticking to it. Here, briefly, is my rationale:
I know that I appreciate star ratings in the reviews of others, so I’m going to try it. Here’s the scale I’m starting with:
★★★★★ 5 stars — Basically the perfect read
★★★★☆ 4 stars — Enjoyable, fun, a great book
★★★☆☆ 3 stars — OK, but I don’t necessarily feel the need for more. Average.
★★☆☆☆ 2 stars — Subpar. Ugh.
★☆☆☆☆ 1 star — Really terrible.
I have a feeling that my ratings are going to be lower than those given by many other people, which is part of why I’ve resisted. (But who knows? This is really an experiment.)
Note: If these stars, above, aren’t displaying for you, please let me know so I can search for another solution.
• I need to get back in the habit of posting my Words on Wednesdays. I’m toying with the idea of using the Bloggiesta (January 21-23) to get a ton of these scheduled.
• I also want to blog more — more long-form posts and more short-form posts. But I don’t want to be stressed out, constantly feeling like I *need* to blog. So really, we’ll see. 🙂
What are your reading and blogging goals for 2011? Any big projects in mind?