How ’bout some random rambling this fine Wednesday?
- I’m actually reading two books right now, one fiction and one nonfiction. This is weird for monogomous-reader me. But it’s not unheard of. And in actuality, this looks more like I’m reading the novel while the nonfiction brick waits for me to reach the novel’s end. Maybe I’ll talk about books tomorrow?
- I ordered the linen to make this skirt. A few iterations of it, actually. I might get to the store today for the waistband fabric, too.
- My mom attempted to teach me to sew when I was a child, just like everything else. But unlike, say, crochet, sewing didn’t stick. I felt horrible at it, and the sewing machine needle scares me. I made some gargantuan roman shades a few years ago — with tons of help — but I’m still skittish about sewing. Hopefully these skirts work out and I love them, though! I really want to.
- I feel like just in the last … month, maybe? Or less? I’ve actually started using Pinterest the way it’s most often used. I’m pinning to a variety of boards, finding inspiration and ideas both on and off Pinterest. This seems weird. But good.
- I cleaned out my closet this week, removing everything that doesn’t fit and/or I hate. I was left with a small fraction of the original, but we’ll see if it’s actually too few items or not. I’d feel better if the stack of stuff I removed was actually out of the bedroom, though …
- The bulk of what I removed is too-big shirts. Maybe I need to do some t-shirt reconstruction? Any suggestions on where to start? (See related: Fear of sewing, above.)
- A is becoming more and more of a walker. He still crawls and cruises some, but he’s just as likely to walk without holding on.
- Teething is really awful. Why isn’t there a less painful way to get teeth?
- I’ve actually been spinning a bit lately, which is awesome. I’m looking forward to participating in Tour de Fleece again this year.
- I’m actually starting to feel confident in my stranded colorwork knitting abilities! I’m working on A’s Christmas stocking, and I like the way it’s looking so far.
OK, that’s probably enough for today. I could go on, but if I stop now, this will actually get published today, whereas if I continue rambling, that may not be the case.
How’s your Wednesday? What’s going on in your world?