- In the past week, I preordered a book for the first time ever. Something Other Than God: How I Passionately Sought Happiness and Accidently Found It by Jennifer Fulwiler of Conversion Diary I’m looking forward to the e-book she’s giving to those who preorder: The Family-First Creative: 42 Tips for Following Your Dreams While Putting Family First.
- I think birthday party planning for the little one is coming together. Yay!
- I need a train engineer’s hat for said party, but I’m having trouble finding one that will last beyond the one day. Any ideas?
- I’m thinking about trying oil cleansing for my face. Have you tried it? With what results? Here’s a brief intro, if you don’t know what I’m talking about.
- I’m working on getting our meals all written on little slips of paper for this menu planning system. I think this might finally be the solution for my meal-planning woes. Thanks for sharing, Trish!
- How do you do birthdays and holidays in your family? Are they a big deal? I love the idea of really celebrating as a way to show what’s important to us. But I don’t love the stress of over-doing. I don’t think I’m a Pinterest Mom, but I like going big for birthdays and holidays. Where’s that balance for you?
- I’m paying attention to what we spend and where we spend it again. What budgeting tools have you found helpful? How do you stay motivated to work toward long-term goals?
- How do you keep your mind active in stages of life when it feels like you don’t have the opportunity to exercise this muscle?
- Some of these feel like they can or should be posts of their own, expounded upon, but hey, at least I’m posting?
- Oh! I got a new reading chair, since my old chair completely broke. I like it — and it’s red — but it’s not as good for sleeping in as the old one was. (I often sleep in the recliner when I’m sick and congestion keeps me from being able to breathe in a prone position (thus also preventing sleep).) The redness of the chair brings to the forefront of the mind the fact that our living room doesn’t have any kind of a plan or design to it. It’s kind of haphazard. So I’m casting about for ideas in my spare thinking time. (Ha!)
- While I not blogging, earlier this month, this blog turned 7 years old. Happy blogiversary to me! At least I don’t usually feel guilty for my paucity of posting these days.
I am an Amazon Associate and receive a small commission on sales through my affiliate links.