Back in December, when the current meme of Top Ten Most Influential books was going around Facebook for the first time, I made a list but never got around to sharing it. I was just tagged (this time it says Top Ten Favorite books, but since I struggle so with choosing favorites, even in multiples, I’m going forward with the initial idea), so I’m sharing now.
This is the list I jotted down in December 2013, so it naturally doesn’t include any book I’ve read since then. And if I wrote it today, it might be different, but.
- Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
- War & Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- Traveling Mercies / Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Dakota by Kathleen Norris
- Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
- The Manual of Detection by Jedediah Berry
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Reluctant Prophet by Nancy Rue
- A Star Curiously Singing by Kerry Nietz
- CS Lewis’ space trilogy / The Screwtape Letters
I’m not tagging anyone because I’m not that kind of person but also because I think nearly everyone has already done this. I’d love to see your lists, though!